Thermo Scientific*Shandon* HistoStar Embedding Centre
The shining new light in embedding With it’s cool, contoured surfaces and innovative new features, the Thermo Scientific HistoStar
embedding centre delivers real improvements in user comfort and productivity.
- Cool and contoured – All user contact points are smooth and insulated providing a cool and comfortable workspace. Pressure points and uncomfortable heated areas are eliminated.
- Well lit and clutter free – Cool LED lighting (Pat. Pending) provides specimen illumination, at 5 user selectable intensities, without the clutter of awkward remote lighting. A low profile dispense head further enhances specimen visibility.
- High capacity – With its large capacity tissue storage tank the HistoStar is capable of accepting baskets from any tissue processor. The 5 litre paraffin reservoir and large area cold plate have been designed for maximum productivity in the busiest of laboratories.
- Any sample size handled with ease adjustable paraffin dispenser paddle. A simple adjustment moves the paddle to accommodate the samples you are working with. Even Super Mega Cassettes can be embedded with ease.
- Intuitive Interface – Large easy to read touch screen display allows quick access to the precise temperature controls and other parameters. Programmable “sleep” mode saves energy and accommodates user workflow.
- Full accessory range ( tamping tools, heated forceps, magnifier and foot pedal )
- Integrated ParaTrimmer® ( heated wax trimmer built directly into the work space. Now excess paraffin can be removed during the embedding process without the need for additional equipment )
- Dependable Performance minimises moving parts, reducing wear and service requirements and thus ensuring dependable performance for years to come.
Embedding module (W x D x H): 650 x 600 x 410 mm
Cold module (W x D x H): 430 x 600 x 410 mm
Embedding module: 25 kg
Cold module: 20 kg
Wax Reservoir Capacity: 5 litres