Labconco™ RapidVap™ N2 Evaporation System
- Evaporates using vortex motion, heat and nitrogen blowdown. Efficient alternative to Kuderna-Danish and rotary evaporators.
- Nitrogen manifold lets operator introduce nitrogen to selected samples
- Processes up to eight samples at once; maximum individual volume capacity, 450mL
Choice of two end-of-run signals:
- Timed signal: electric timer pauses system, alerts user when set time has elapsed
- Temperature signal: system monitors temperature difference between sample block and heater caused by evaporative cooling; when evaporation is nearly complete, the two temperatures equalize, causing alarm to sound and PREHEAT/END ALARM light to flash
- With side-mounted 5 cm dia. exhaust port with built-in blower; 1.8m of exhaust tubing to vent toxic solvent vapors into fume hood; nitrogen inlet port with 1/4 NPT male thread; eight polyethylene glassware caps; PTFEcoated aluminum sample block that holds eight 600mL tubes; phenol-free gasket; 2.0m 3-wire cord and plug. Dimensions (lid closed): 48.3 x 55.1 x 34.3cm. 230V models available; contact your Fisher Scientific Customer Service Representative for details.
- Nitrogen with maximum flowrate of 0.6cfm and a gas pressure regulator
- Pressure of 5–10psi is typical