Thermo Scientific Heraeus Multifuge X3 Centrifuge Series
The Thermo Scientific Heraeus Multifuge X3 centrifuge series brings multi-purpose processing to the benchtop with exceptional, industry-leading functionality including:
Unparalleled Processing Performance - process up to 40% more conical tubes in swing-out rotor and 100% more in fixed angle configuration
Market-Leading Versatility - the industry's broadest range of rotors and adapters including Thermo Scientific Fiberlite rotors
Exceptional Energy Efficiency - up to 40% energy consumption savings on industry standard protocols
The new Heraeus Multifuge X3 centrifuge series is perfect for a range of general purpose processing including cell culture, microplate, bioproduction, blood separation, microbiology and many others.
Featuring a convenient three-liter capacity and available in both ventilated and refrigerated units, the Heraeus Multifuge X3 offers breakthrough functionality including:
Increased Capacity and Processing Throughput
· Process up to 40 x 50 ml conical tubes (40% more) in a swinging bucket rotor, or up to 14 x 50 ml (100% more) in fixed angle configuration, for significantly increased capacity over competitive models in the same bench space.
Industry's Broadest Range of Rotors
· For exceptional versatility, the Heraeus Multifuge X3 supports the broadest range of rotors and adapters available, including Thermo Scientific Fiberlite rotors, for a minimum of 16 rotor configurations.
Unmatched Energy Efficiency
· Achieve up to 40% energy consumption savings* on industry standard protocols, such as blood separation or conical tubes processing, with the Heraeus Multifuge X3.
· Realize exceptional capability in compact dimensions for maximized workspace, and with ergonomic height and curved design ensure comfortable loading and unloading of samples and cleaning of the unit.
Advanced, Intuitive Programmable Controls
· Detailed operation information, including display of set and actual parameters, maximize run performance and temperature accuracy for improved sample protection. Easily adjust speed, time and temperature, even during the run with our convenient keyboard for direct input.
Protection for Temperature Sensitive Samples
· For high-performance applications with temperature-sensitive samples, the chamber and sample control is available between -10° and +40°C.
· With our double temperature management system, display the air temperature in the chamber as well as the sample temperature, ensuring accurate control of the sample temperature during the run.
The Heraeus Multifuge X3 also features several patented technology advancements including:
Auto-Lock® III Rotor System
· A secure locking system allows easy push-button installation and exchange of rotors for quick switch between applications and time savings. Also, easy access to the chamber enables quick cleaning, a healthier working environment and longer unit life.
ClickSeal® Bucket Sealing System
· Our biocontainment solution, certified by CAMR* in Porton Down, UK, allows simple operation eliminating screw caps and complicated clips as well as glove-friendly, one-handed open/close capability.
Motorized Lid Latch
· Improve closure time and reduce wear with our highly reliable, hybrid lid latch system -combining the advantages of mechanical and electromechnical systems. This patented technology enables one finger downward motion for easiest closing and locking of centrifuge lid- even on tall benches with optional automatic lid opening.
· The advanced rotor management system maximizes acceleration, braking and residual load imbalance for each rotor and bucket option, optimizing safety and improving separations.
Max Capacity : 4 x 750 ml (with TX-750 and BIOLiner rotors)
Max Speed (rpm) : 6000 (with BIOShield 1000A rotor)
Max RCF (x g) : 7164 (with BIOShield 1000A rotor)
Fixed Angle Rotors
Max Capacity : 6 x 250 ml (with F14-6x250LE rotor)
Max Speed (rpm) : 15200 (with 48x2 ml rotor)
Max RCF (x g) : 25314 (with 48x2 ml rotor)